Thursday, October 23, 2008

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

Several of my "blogger friends" are posting recipes to their blogs right now, so I thought I would join in the fun!!! I thought it was appropriate to post this recipe today because; 1. it is perfect soup weather outside, and 2. I am cooking it tonight for dinner so I have the recipe out!! Lisa Spence brought this wonderful soup to us when we came home from having Brady! My entire family LOVES it! If you are a soup lover, you should give it a try! Hope you enjoy!
Chicken Noodle Soup
1 Whole Chicken or several chicken breasts
12 oz can pet milk
2 cans broccoli cheese soup
1 stick butter
onion
1 Package wide egg noodles
salt and pepper
Boil chicken with salt and onion.
(I put chicken breasts in crock pot, cover with canned broth or water, onion, salt and pepper, and cook until tender).
Debone the chicken (or shred if using breasts), straining and reserving broth.
Put broth in stock pot, add chicken, 12 oz. pet milk, 2 cans broccoli cheese soup, a stick of butter, salt and pepper.
Add more water.
Bring to a boil, add one package of wide egg noodles and simmer until noodles are done.

1 comment:

Mrs. Simmons said...

I love soup this time of year. This looks yummy, I must try it.

Your baby boy is growing so fast!

I'm glad Emma loves school.

Take care~ Chassey